A two-handed weapon combining system has been implemented.
[Two-handed weapon combining screen] [A combined two-handed weapon]
Two-handed weapons such as greatswords, polearms, staffs, spellbooks, orbs, and bows can be combined.
Combining can be done through the new two-handed weapon combining NPC placed in each city’s remodeling shop.
The basic requirements for combining are as follows: The main two-handed weapon’s item level must be higher than or equal to the secondary two-handed weapon’s item level. The two weapons must also be the same type.
The following changes take place following the combining process:
Basic stats: 20% of the secondary weapon’s basic attack power and 20% of its magic boosting power are added to the main weapon. However, stats that are lower on the secondary weapon are not changed.
Option: The secondary weapon’s options are added to the main weapon. When both the main and the secondary weapons have attack speed, casting speed, and PVP attack power increasing options, only the higher value number will be applied.
Manastone slots: The secondary weapon’s manastone slots are added to the main weapon. If a secondary two-handed weapon is combined while manastones are socketed in it, the manastones will be transferred to the main weapon along with the slots.
The manastone slots from the two weapons are kept distinct from each other. This means each can be socketed separately. For example, when an attempt to socket a manastone in one of the main weapon’s original sockets fails, the remaining main weapon’s manastones disappear, but the secondary weapon’s manastones remain intact.
When socketing manastones on a combined two-handed weapon, a socketing screen that allows players to select the slot for socketing appears, from which they can select either the original manastone slot or one of the slots that was added by the secondary weapon.
A combined weapon cannot be traded or stored in account or legion warehouses.
The combining process destroys the secondary weapon.
Players can undo the combining process by speaking with the two-handed weapon combining NPC. The primary weapon will once again become tradable and storable.
Weapons destroyed in the combining process are not restored when uncombined.
2. A socketing supplement, which greatly increases the enchantment stone and manastone-socketing success rate, has been added.
The socketing supplement has lesser, regular, and greater versions. The socketing rate bonus increases with better grade supplements.
Lesser socketing supplements can be purchased from the Remodeling Merchant and the Medicine Merchant in Sanctum, Eltnen, Heiron, Pandaemonium, Morheim, and Beluslan.
The regular and greater supplements are not yet available, but will be added in a later patch.
Players who have socketing supplements in their cube when attempting to socket an enchantment stone or manastone will see a screen allowing them to select the particular stone and supplement they wish to use.
Players who do not have supplements in their cube will continue the socketing process as before (without a socketing screen.) An exception is made when socketing a manastone in a combined two-handed weapon. This process will always display the socketing screen.
3. Class items’ max socketing value has been increased from +10 to +15.
Socketing from +1 ~ +10 has the same success rate as before.
From +11, the success rate is lower.
When socketing fails at +11~+15, the value falls back to +10.
4. Strengthening armor with an enchantment stone results in an increase in physical defense in addition to HP and physical critical resistance rate bonuses.
The increased stat does not appear at +0 socketing status.
5. A new level has been added to the crafting system.
Once reaching a crafting skill level of 449, a Crafting Trainer NPC can now help players advance further.
Once players become Greater Masters, their maximum level in the skill increases to 499.
Players can become Greater Masters of two crafting skills.
6. Vitality-Extracting and Aether-Extracting master levels have been raised.
Players who reach level 399 for either of the extracting skills can go to the Extracting Master NPC for the relevant skill. They must then complete a quest and pay a fee to advance to the rank of Extracting Master.
Players who become Extracting Masters will have a new maximum skill level of 499.
7. There is now a character level requirement in addition to the skill level requirement for aether extracting ability
Greater aether extraction
Above level 30
Pure aether extraction
Above level 40
Master aether extraction
Above level 50
8. Certain new resources will require specific tools to gather.
These tools can be purchased from the vitality extracting merchants and aether extracting merchants in the large cities.
The specific collection items will be introduced in new zones in an upcoming expansion.
9. A "top-quality collector’s hat" and a "top-quality aether collector’s hat," which show nearby collection items (above skill level 400) on the radar, have been added.
These hats can be purchased from the vitality extraction item merchants and the aether extraction item merchants in the large cities.
10. New recipes and morphing books have been added for both Elyos and Asmodian factions.
A "magic critical hit increase scroll" and an "Awakening Scroll," which can be crafted from materials found in existing zones, have been added.
Please note that some of the newly added designs are crafted from materials that will be found in new zones to be added later. They cannot currently be crafted.
A new morphing book that can morph rare collection items has been added. E.g. Greater Aether Gem -> Greater Platinum Ore
11. A resource dismantling system has been added.
Double-clicking on high level resources (such as Greater, Pure, or Brilliant grades) results in them being dismantled into 3 lower level resources. E.g. Brilliant Aether -> 3 Pure Aethers
Resources that can be dismantled are marked as bundled material items in the item type.
12. A limited edition system has been added.
Certain items have a set quantity that can be sold. They will be marked as "sold out" when stocks have been exhausted.
Sold-out items will be restocked after a period of time. The length of time varies according to the item.
There are also items that have a maximum quantity that can be purchased by each character. In these cases, only a set number can be purchased by a player regardless of stock levels.
If a player hits the maximum quota, they must wait for a certain amount of time to pass before being able to purchase the item again. As before, the length of time varies according to the item.
Items that cannot be purchased because they are either sold out or because the player has exceeded the max quantity they can purchase are marked in red.
13. Materials Merchant NPCs and Refining Stone Merchant NPCs responsible for selling aether and refining stones respectively have been added.
Aether and refining stones are limited edition items, so only a fixed amount can be purchased.
See below for information about the NPCs who sell these stones.
14. A brand-name boutique shop has been added in each capital.
The Elyos can purchase brand-name apparel from NPCs Persate, Levana, Marzella, and Koti in the Sanctuary of Splendor.
The Asmodians can purchase brand-name apparel from NPCs Armanos, Karidni, Deor, and Enasuel in the Vanahal Boutique.
15. A new Rental system has been added, with weapons and armor that can be used for a set amount of time after purchase.
Items purchased from the Rental Merchant can only be used for a set amount of time after the purchase. They automatically disappear once the time is up.
Rental equipment cannot be stored in an account or legion warehouse, cannot be sold, and cannot be modified in appearance.
Rental equipment cannot be strengthened with enchantment stones, manastones, or godstones.
Two-handed weapon combining is not permitted for rental equipment.
Players can purchase rental equipment from the weapon and armor rental merchants in Sanctum, Eltnen, Heiron, Pandaemonium, Morheim, and Beluslan.
16. Abyss items; special options for PVP attack and defense will now appear in the regular options location of the tooltip explanation.
17. Graphical changes have been made to show the item’s effect and the godstone’s effect at the same time.
18. Item appearance can now be modified at level 20 instead of 30.
19. New Legendary class weapons and armor that can only be purchased from the Abyss Contributor have been added.
These items can be equipped at levels 25, 35, and 45.
20. New wings have been added to the Wing Feather Seller’s Items for Sale in the large cities.
Level 30 legendary/class, level 40 class, and level 50 legendary/class wings have been added.
21. The appearance of resources found in the Poeta and Ishalgen regions have been changed.
[Herb] [Fruit Tree] [Ore]
22. The "X Drakscale Hardener," which is a shop material needed to craft the Handicrafting item "Crafted X Balaur Horn," has been changed to "X Hammer." (Where X is a level such as Greater, Lesser, etc.)
23. An automatic text changing function has been added to the chat window for the "Spell of Purification".
When players enter Korean text into the chat window, it will automatically change into English text.
The automatic text changing function is only enabled the "Spell of Purification" chat window; ordinary chat windows will remain as before.
24. Successfully entering the "Spell of Purification", will grant the player five extra seconds of flight time.
25. The issue regarding the relatively high summon use time of the small/medium/large multiple fire cannon has been resolved.
26. The "Boost Physical Attack I" skillbook will now be sold by Chanter trainers.
27. Errors within the Work Order quests have been corrected.
28. Issues with some resources spawning in abnormal locations have been addressed.
29. Corrected the issue of some items appearing abnormally when equipped.